As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Like the First Time... Monday, September 12

Today's Schedule:

6am      Conference business call with Korea
11am     Meeting at the rental office
3pm      Running -- 10km
4:30pm  Respond to fan emails
6pm      Business meeting with Clancy's Boxing Manager
7pm      Meet the fighters in Alumni Thunder and oversea their hill training
9pm      Weight training at System
12am     Conference business call with Korea (continuation of morning meeting)

I meet almost all of the fighters trying out for Alumni Thunder -- the continuation of Agency Wars by Clancy's Boxing.  They met up at Riverdale Park for some intense hill training and I was quite impressed by the determination and focus a lot of them brought to tonight's training.  They reminded me of my old boxing club in Korea, it's motto.  The motto was "like the first time" which served to remind us to keep training fresh and bring to it the same energy and positive vibes you did when you first started.  It's hard to keep training fresh and it's easy to just put in the time and go through the motions.  But tonight, watching these green fighters train, it brought back some of those first time fresh feelings and I left their training super pumped for my own training at System.  

My buddy Left Hook is the captain of the red team and I have an assistant, Jay, to help me with leading my team, the Blue Team, so that's very helpful and it's reassuring to me that I'm backed up with this new position.  I was hesitant as to how I felt taking on this rule of the Blue Team's coach but tonight I found myself getting really excited about it.  I'm actually very excited about it come to think of it and it was evident with how smiley and positive I showed up at System after having met them all.  

This is going to be epic.

No comments: