As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Taking the Next Step... Friday, September 2

Shortly before 10pm I pulled up a seat and joined the table of two at a park in Yorkville. 

It was a business meeting that I had much anticipation and eagerness regarding.

It was one of those insider's scoop, mad business hook-ups that my close friend Italiano had arranged and that I had waited weeks for. 

It was finally happening.

The meeting was a huge step forward with expanding upon an idea my Olympian boxer buddy, Left Hook, had shared with me when I first returned to Canada.  He's been such a huge means of support and encouragement for me and he's really been pushing me to expand upon his idea and collaborate my ideas.  Tonight I met with a budding business lady who has made it her business to set up, launch and make such business ideas grow to full potential. 

I'm thinking about going online, launching an online fitness company. 

It'd be the perfect way for me to collaborate and expand upon all my skills, passions and my personality with the already solid fan base I have with my boxing, homepage here and other media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.  

I live so much of my life online, seriously, spending 1-2 hours a day answering fan mail, responding to business emails for my club in Korea, updating my homepage, and then of course there is the fact that I now have the Flip in North -- Flipside Fitness -- and so I am doing a ton of business research and emails regarding that.  There's a lot of behind the scene work to what I do, to being a pro athlete and business owner, and much of it is done on the computer and online.  Launching an online company would not only bring this to a whole other level but it'd also able me to bring it all together to one place.  The other day, when I was at the library and saw that man reading my homepage, I most randomly Googled myself.  "Amy", "boxer", "Korea" -- the three words I used to Google myself.  With those three words and the click on the search button, instantly my computer screen filled up with link after link of stuff on me.  It was incredible... crazy but incredible.  I'm so Googleable.  Now to do something about that.  That's what tonight's meeting focused on.

No comments: