As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Three Big Things Today... Wednesday, September 14

Three major things went down today: a photo shoot, a doctor's appointment, and Alumni Thunder training.

I had a photo shoot today, in the Toronto Reference Library of all places. 

The Toronto library is doing a kind of "People of New York" project where they're photographing different patrons that come to their facilities. For example they've got a recording artist and they've approached me about being a part of their project. I've become somewhat of a familiar face at the Toronto Reference Library at Yonge and Bloor because I've been using their computers and researching stuff related to launching my Second Dream. I think it's fair to say that I go to that particular library at least four times a week. So when I was approached about them wanting to take my photograph and include me in their project I jumped on it. They'll be showcasing me in their project as a professional athlete and entrepreneur.

I had a doctor's appointment today, a big annoyance considering the months of testing I did for the boxing license. Today was for an actual issue though, a problem. Nothing to say for sure yet but they're sending me for some blood work and testing because I've been experiencing a major sharp pain in my lower left abdomen for the past week and a half. The Captain wasn't feeling good and look, he waited so long and now he's as sick as dog, wasting away in the hospital while they make him wait it out a bit longer. His situation is so unfortunate and I feel terrible for him but it was kind of like a wake up call for me to not ignore what could possibly be starting symptoms for a underlying, much bigger future problem. 

They think I may have an ovarian cysts but one of my friends thinks I might just be experiencing what ever other "normal" girl refer to as "Bloody Mary", aka her period. I've never really had a normal one and I've only had one this year -- TMI, I know. Regardless, I've never experienced this pain before and what's "normal" for other girls has never been normal for me so I'm getting it checked out.

I had training with the Alumni Thunder today -- the returnees from Agency Wars at Clancy's Boxing. They trained and I watched. I gave some pointers but the point of tonight's training was for me to get a better feel of each fighter and make mental note on who I wanted.

No comments: