As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makate, Philippines. Life, for me, is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman and I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Stuck for Help... Wednesday, October 12

What was suppose to be a half day event took the whole day and stretched long into the evening.

I had a heat treatment done in my apartment.

Several months back my apartment had bed bugs.  Yuppers, it's true.  We didn't have a lot but nonetheless they were living with my roommate and I -- unwanted creepy crawly residents.  I don't know whether I've got sour blood or what but they never bit me and never really showed up to even bother me.  Once every couple of days I'd see one scurry past me. I'd rush to the bathroom to get some wet tissue paper and then down the toilet I'd send it swirling.  But my former roommate [and by former I mean about a week and a half she moved out and a new one move in] made a big stink at the housing office.  So instead of coming to do a spray of the apartment they sent in the big guys -- a company that does a heat treatment.  To get a heat treatment done means they basically turn your apartment into an oven so anything like wax-based items and aerosol cans have been taken out of the home or stored in the fridge.  This also means you have to stay out of your home for the duration of the treatment and time leading up to it and after it because of the crew dealing with the set up and take down of the equipment and also to let the home cool. 

Problems...

I thought it'd only take half a day and I had Balboa to figure out what to do with.

I couldn't take him to a meeting nor could I take him to training.  I could take him to coaching at Clancy's but that was about it.  I couldn't take him to a doggie daycare because he still has his "junk".  So, in a desperate attempt to figure out a solution, I changed my Facebook status to see if anyone could look after him for a bit and then I texted some friends.

My Polish Princess to the rescue!!!

No comments: