As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Working Out the Stress

The Captain said, "When stressed, disco it out", as he leaned back on his chair and pointed to some random disco ball hanging above his office desk. 
Sat down with fellow pro fighter today, voiced my stress, and he offered to buy me lunch so that I could eat away my stress.  I had just come from brunch out so I opted out on the free meal... ended up eating some of his killer salad though.  Holy delish.
I always thought hugging it out worked best though and tonight I met a new little four legged friend in need of some hugs -- Pablo.  He's been given up by his owner and Clancy's manager is fostering him until he finds a permanent home.  He's a rolly polly little guy but so huggable!!!
Another option, when stressed punch it out.
Team Blue training tonight at the club, always a fabulous way to kick off a new week. 
Apparently two of my fighters liked that option, to punch it out. 
I, on the other hand, had my own way of incorporating a new boxing exercise with getting out my stress -- emoticon balls.
I brought a ball for each of my fighters, for their homework.
Yes, they get homework but that's not my point here.
I decided tonight that whenever I thought they were slacking off during training, that whipping one of the balls at them would smarten them up.  It definitely did but oh did it help to totally distract me from my stress.  Too funny.
 And, if all else fails and discoing it out, eating it out, hugging it out, punching it out, and even throwing plastic balls at each other doesn't help to get the stress out, you can always smile it out with a friend.  
Here's me with Left Hook, Team Red's coach and one of my close friends from back in the day, back in my Bloor West Village days.  Awesome guy.

No comments: