As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Adding Some Sauce to the Hustle... Monday, November 14

Today’s Schedule:
8am            Personal training with client #1 at the female-only gym 
9am            Personal training with client #2 at the female-only gym 
11:30am      Business call with overseas boxing supplier in Pakistan 
12pm          Coffee Date with my church gal pal 
2pm            Computer/business work at the Toronto Reference Library 
4pm            Meeting at CIBC Bank 
7:30pm        Team Blue training at Clancy’s Boxing 
9pm            Boxing and weights at System Fitness 

A new Monday, a new week and a new chance to refocus, adjust my goals and continue striving to succeed. Last week proved to be quite the rough week due to a particular "rotten apple" but I woke up today determined to not let that be a repeat.

"It's apple sauce season", I think Skittles had texted to me.  He's right.  

They say when someone gives you lemons, you make lemonade.  I'm making apple sauce.  Same difference... only mine is better!!!

No comments: