As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Getting Ready for the Pop... Tuesday, November 22

I am the co-owner of Hulk’s Club in Korea and the CEO of Flipside Fitness. I originally had launched Flipside Fitness in Korea (The Flip in Korea) back in 2012 and it became so successful that the next logical step to take its success was to build its own training facility – Hulk’s Boxing, now known as Hulk’s Club. When we opened the door of Hulk’s, the next step was to fizzle out Flipside because now I had a full boxing club full of both male and female clients. They were my focus now, both the men and women at my club, and not just the women like before. 

Then, when I moved here to Canada, I was leaning on restarting Flipside Fitness, was hesitant about it, but that’s what I ended up doing. I launched Flipside Fitness here in Canada – The Flip in North. We’ve yet to do any kind of social events but I’ve been hosting boot camps in Riverdale Park and High Park. 

Now I want to take it to the next level, go beyond Flipside Fitness. I want to launch my Second Dream. Flipside Fitness is to my success here in Canada as it was in Korea – just a stepping stone, a leeway into the bigger picture at play in my head. I received some awesome rough draft work from an ad agency that’s been working to help brand my new company, my Second Dream, and it looked awesome. It was today's dose of inspiration. I'm super excited about it.

No comments: