As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Goodbyes Lead to New Hellos... Monday, November 28

Today I said goodbye to Team Blue and carbs…. Ya, let me elaborate on that.

With Wednesday being fight night for Agency Wars Alumni Thunder, tonight was their last team training session and tomorrow will be their pre-fight rest day. It was a bitter sweet situation, coaching them through their last training session, saying bye to them after and knowing that the next time I’ll be seeing them gear up for boxing will be to step into the ring. They’ve come such a long way and I don’t think they really understand the full extent of their progression; it’s amazing. They’ve changed a lot and I too have in so many ways. Perhaps I can’t fully comprehend the extent of my progression like they can’t.

As for me saying goodbye to carbs, I’ve gone Keto. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I already eat clean and I’ve mastered maintaining myself but I don’t want to maintain. I’ve never really wanted to maintain, I’ve wanted to lean out more, but the past 12 weeks have been all about Agency Wars. That’s been my priority so maintaining myself has really been my only fitness goal that I’ve been able to keep up with consequently. But now Agency Wars is almost over. In two days it’s over so I’ll be able to dive back into focusing on my own training and eating. I’ve never been one to wait on getting on something that my mind is preoccupied with though so I started to go keto today. Keto – the ketogenic diet – is a high fat, moderate protein, low card way of eating. [Enter my hate for saying “diet” here. I don’t support dieting, I support healthy eating.] Skittles suggested I do it, to help me switch up my clean eating, and I decided to try it out. I’m all about being a poster child for healthy living and fitness but I’m not interested in becoming the poster child for the word insanity. Part of challenging yourself to change yourself means getting out of your comfort zone. No more oatmeal and bananas for me. From here on out it’s going to be hello healthy fats. I’m already nuts about nuts but now my love for peanut butter is very fitting for this keto adventure, awesome.
I've gone keto.  I'll give it an honest month's try.

No comments: