As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Stepping Back for My Second Dream... Wednesday, November 16

Today's Schedule:
6:15am       Coach at the female-only gym
12pm         Train PT client, "Deadly Lady D"
1pm           Train PT client, "Give-the-Hell" H.
2pm           Drop by Warriors
3pm      '    Work on my business proposal, Distillery District
6pm           Scoring Seminar for Agency Wars fight night at Clancy's Boxing
7:30pm       Coach Team Blue at Clancy's Boxing

9pm          WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TRAINING... but didn't....

I took the night off training.  I know, I know, impossible to think I did such a thing but I did.  After the third cup of coffee proved to be just as ineffective as the first, I decided that perhaps I had exhausted myself and needed to catch up on my business planning.  I had been up since 5am, have been running at full speed for weeks now, and my Second Dream planning had been pushed aside because my focus had been on Team Blue and coaching at the female-only gym. 

In exactly two weeks my Team Blue will be stepping into the ring to fight and so it's coming down to the crunch.   I've been at Clancy's Boxing 4 days a week for the past eight weeks and as sad as it'll be to have that over and done with, I think two more weeks of it are all I can honestly handle.  I love coaching my team but it's eating my energy and time like there's no tomorrow.  The women-only gym and Team Blue take up most of my time and energy.  Consequently, because of the two, my days start around 5am and end at 11:30pm because fitting it all I have to do in between those two committments is rough.  I knew taking on both something would have to give and it's been my training and time on my Second Dream that has.

Tonight I was finally able to devote a chunk of time and undivided attention to my Second Dream.  

No comments: