As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Trying to Get to Bed Early... Friday, November

I anticipated nothing more than being able to come home tonight and call it an early night.  I wanted to do nothing but rest and relax.  Skip the fuse of it being a Friday night and just do nothing.  I had been up since 5am, at the female-only gym at 6:10am and then I had gone full speed until I left training Team Blue at Clancy's which was close to 10pm. 

I wanted to finally get a solid night's sleep.

I got home at 10:30pm.  That's early for me but hardly early for the average person.

Home at 10:30pm but Balboa needed to go for a walk.  And what was supposed to be a short walk outside turned into quite the walk around the block and chat with a Cabbagetown cutie I know -- a friend from my summer days around the ghetto fabulous pool.  Ended up grabbing some pizza and freezing my Polish tush outside while my gal pal and I chatted.

Didn't officially get home till 11:10pm.

...and then company showed up.

"A" for effort but "F" for fail on trying to go to bed early.

No comments: