As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A New Kind of Love Found at the Beach... Tuesday, December 27

Today was the best day of my vacation and I can say that regardless of not knowing what may become of the days to follow. It was better than the much anticipated visit to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day and I know nothing else we will or can do could compete with it. 
Today we had a special family breakfast at a stunning resort where I met some of the Disney characters and inhaled my body weight in bacon, eggs and sausages. 

Yes, I'm still very much Keto. 

The breakfast wasn't what made today so great. It was our trek out to the beach and our time there that made it such a perfect day. The drive out was close to two hours. I sat in the middle back seat, listening to the radio, chatting away with family, and showing my little niece how to play the game "Amy's Donuts" on my iPad. 

I'm not joking. There IS a game called "Amy's Donuts". I took Googling myself to a whole other level by searching my name in the "App Store" on my iPad. 

Anyways... By the time we got to the beach it was after 3pm so the sun wasn't blazing hot and it would be sunset soon enough. The water was too chilly for most of us who had travelled there together but the little kids loved it. They jumped right in, brave souls, wow. We snapped a lot of family pictures, sat around chatting, and then strolled around the beach. It was a nice simple day out with no big plans except to hit the beach as a family. There is beauty in simplicity and today was a true testimony to that. It was simple. It was beautiful. 

I had a pivotal moment long after we had returned from the beach, while laying on the floor back in the Princess room of the house we had rented. The rest of the family was downstairs eating and watching TV but there I was on the floor of my bedroom, dealing with an aftershock of what went down in Korea and the polar opposite I had experienced today. Today I was surrounded by family. Surrounded by pure, unconditional, unjudgemental love from a family that not too long ago had just met me but had instantly adopted me. They had invited me to their family vacation, paid for me to come, accepted me as one of them. There was no fighting them for the acceptance or approval. There was no "them"; there was and is only an "us". 

This is a new feeling for me, a very new feeling.

No comments: