As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

No Looking Back Now... Tuesday, December 6

In a short and to-the-point business meeting today at the female-only gym where I coach, I was told by my boss that I'm losing two of my five shifts and that the young lady that has been hired to take these shifts is starting tomorrow and I'm expected to train her.  And just like that my commitment to the gym definitely shifted with the realization that I was obviously more committed to them then they were to me. 

Wow.

I worked until 8pm and by the time 9pm strolled around I had canceled my boxing for the evening and had made my way downtown to meet with a business mentor of mine. Today was a harsh reality check but it was a good thing in that maybe I needed this extra push, a little reminder to stay hungry for my dream and to not stay somewhat comfortable.  The universe is definitely pushing me forward, now to take that jump and continue the forward movement. 

No comments: