As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Over the Suck... Thursday, December 15

Yesterday I really "embraced the suck".  I had been hit with a Mac truck of "what-the-heck-am-I-doing" thoughts that flooded my brain and overwhelmed me all at once. Hence why I stayed in bed the whole day and just how MIA I was with answering my phone, replying to texts and whatnot. 

Today I woke up determined not to let yesterday's suck seep into today and so, on that note, today was extremely productive.  I went to the library to work, caught up on some business emailing, worked on my business proposal, planned stuff for my personal training clients, hit the mall for some Christmas cards and I even did some bulk cooking. Ended the very productive day with a very intense workout.

Today I revamped my weight training schedule so that I'm on a three day split but instead of my three day split I used to use, I switched that up too.

Day 1: Chest, back and abs
Day 2: Arms
Day 3: Legs

If yesterday I embraced the suck than today I really embraced the positive possibilities and exciting opportunities to really pursue my dream.  I got really excited today about the unknown certainty of my future so I updated my Facebook status with the following message:
In a month and a half I may be HAPPILY homeless here in Canada because my lease is up but in a month I might not even be living here in Canada because I may be in Mexico so it's ALL GOOD... it's super nerve-racking but ask me again if I rather have a "regular life" with a "regular job".
-- feeling no desire to fit in with "normal".
No sooner had I posted this but then my inbox started buzzing with messages from friends and fans, all offering me a place to crash.  I don't need a place to crash, I'm leaving Canada to train and to fight, that's why I'm not extending my apartment's lease.  Anyways... While most messaging me offered a spare bedroom or couch to crash on, some took it a step further to offer me a plane ticket so that I could come to their home in their country and stay there.  Wow.  A part of me is flattered at their sweet generosity but another part of me is almost tempted to say "Ya, send that ticket... I'll come".  

Consequently, as a result of my Facebook status and yesterday me being MIA, me being productive today also meant spending a solid hour answering fan mail.  I really do need to get a P.O. Box and see what really would become of my fan mail.  Emails and Facebook messaging is so blah and too easy.  I want to bring back the old school kind of fan mail back, you know, back when people actually took the time and effort to write something down.  Heaven help you have to buy a postal stamp to send mail.  No one uses postal stamps anymore but they'll go postal on you if Heaven help you don't answer their constant messaging, like one particular fan of mine.  

That's what I'm going to do... get a postal box.

Before I head out of Canada I'm going to get one.  Stay tuned for that.

No comments: