As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Bouncing Back from a Forced Off... Thursday, January 19

Day off!!!  Well, not really.  It was a HALF day off.  It came by fluke, totally not my decision but definitely nothing I could do about it.

My keys had accidentally and unsuspectingly made their way into someone's bag.

I was stuck in my apartment.

I could have simply asked at the rental office if they could come up and lock my door so I could leave.  But just recently rumour has it that a certain someone working for my apartment building complex has been illegally entering some of the apartments and stealing things.  So far the rumour has only stretched to include the apartments of the young kid that committed suicide the other month and an apartment of another recently passed away individual, but whose to say it stops there.

Stealing from the dead?!  Now that's just so disrespectful, wow.

Anyways, with no means of getting my keys back till the anticipated end of the day and no way I'd leave my apartment door unlocked, I had to cancel my plans.  I cancelled this morning's personal training sessions, postponed laundry, skipped my library study session, switched up my coffee out plans, and crossed my fingers that Balboa would hold his pee until I figured things out.

By 1pm my keys were back in my hands... And they were accompanied by a bouquet of flowers!!!

The flowers were a sweet gesture, an apology, but then later on in the day the apology continued with me being treated out to coffee at a local coffee shop I've been meaning to check out ever since my squinty eyes caught glimpse of it -- Jet Fuel.

Awesome coffee shop... Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!  Very retro and ultra cozy.

I'm not a fan of day's off, truthfully speaking, and I had become so distracted by being stuck in my house and not able to go out to work that I wasn't really able to focus on the work that I could do in my apartment.  It wasn't until I got those keys in my hands that I was able to refocus myself and buckle down to work.  I made up for the half day off though by hitting the heavy bag and then the weights extra hard and then heading to Snakes & Lattes to work on my business proposal.  I stayed at Snakes & Lattes until they kicked me out which was around 12:20am and then on the way home I laid eyes on a possible location for my Second Dream.  Jumped out of the jeep, snapped some pics of the place, peered in the windows repetitively, and then I jotted punched the number on their lease sign into my phone.

Almost forgot, the average person doesn't work at crazy times like me.... Oops.

And on that note, I saved the number, turned my phone off and headed home to go to sleep.

No comments: