As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Moving Day... Tuesday, January 31

Somehow me moving out today also meant me selling off all my first roommate's furniture and cleaning up after both my first and most recent, the second.

Wow.

[Enter me not impressed right here.]

Consequently, I had to cancel my personal training sessions, cancel my training, and cancel tomorrow's sparring session.

[Enter me rolling my eyes here.]

Jumped on Kijji and Bunz, posted numerous pictures about the furniture I unexpectantly suddenly had to get rid of -- 3 tables, 3 lamps, 1 bed, 1 mirror, 1 bench, and my dresser, and then bagged a whack of leftover things left by the others.  It took two trips to the storage unit out west of the city to pack away the remaining stuff that I hadn't yet packed.

I was told I had to be out of my apartment by midnight.  I left at 11:57pm.

I no longer live in Cabbagetown.  I'm living in the Distillery District for the next month until I repack my bags and head to the Philippines.  Right now I'm staying at the house of some friends, a couple, I met in university.  I've nicknamed them MaG.

No comments: