As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Time is Definitely Ticking... Tuesday, January 3

Things to do before I move to the Philippines....

  • Figure out when exactly I'm leaving.
  • Decide upon whether to go train and fight in Mexico first.
    • If I AM NOT going to Mexico, figure out where I'll be living for the next month.
    • If I AM going to Mexico, have to figure out Balboa's living arrangements till the Philippines.
  • Secure a boxing club to train at there.
  • Figure out Balboa's paperwork/vaccination requirements.
  • Pack up all my belongings.
  • Sell off some of my furniture.
  • Put my stuff into storage. 
  • Move out of Cabbagetown.
  • Deal with my cellphone.
  • Get my 2017 Korean boxing license (yearly renewal).
  • Deal with forwarding my mail.
  • Acquire any needed travel vaccinations.
  • Contact my business sponsors in Korea.
  • Inform my Flipside Fitness clients.
  • Renew my Canadian Passport.
  • Deal with my Korean Alien Registration
  • Get some basics down of the Tagalog (Filipino) language.
  • Work on updating my boxing profile/resume.
  • Get new gloves -- 10oz and 14oz gloves.
  • Purchase another pair of boxing boots.
  • Redesign my fight uniform and then get it made.
  • Print up new business cards.
  • Put up a notice on my Flipside Fitness company/Facebook group page.
  • Cancel my business deal with Groupon.
  • Have a meeting with the manager at System.
  • Get a new mouth guard made.
  • Go and get my suitcase from my parent's house.
I'm sure there's about a zillion other things I need to add to this list but this is what I came up with when I sat down today and spat it out on paper.  The list continues...

No comments: