As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

I Ate My Weight in Seafood Tonight... Sunday, February 19

With next weekend being my last weekend here in Canada till the summer and it being a much anticipated crazy, last-minute-packing kind of weekend, this weekend I met up with friends for a dinner party.

Surf and turf at Captain Bowtie's house... Sweet!!!

Side note:  I had no idea what the term "surf and turf" meant and had to ask someone.

Seven of us feasted at the Captain's house -- 5 Asians, 1 Peach and me the "Peasian".

I'm no longer just a Peach -- a European girl that's Polish/Austrain.  Nope.  I'm "honorary Asian" so I'm part peach, part Asian... Peasian.  I vouch that if Europeans are peach and Asians are yellow than I'd be Pellow but apparently they all agreed on Peasian.

I'm Peasian, not to mistaken as Persian.  Ok, bad joke.  Only I found that one funny, well me and I bet the Captain thought that was funny too... Hahaha.

Tonight's meal was nothing short of fabulous and impressive.  How the heck the Captain is still a single guy is beyond me because boy can that man cook.  I mean his cooking alone is enough to grab him and rush him down the isle.  I can't be the only girl whose way to her heart is through her stomach.  What woman doesn't love a man that can cook?!  Exactly.  

Next week I'll be leaving Canada and I thought of this as I sat on the couch after dinner, watching a movie with my friends.  I have some solid friends here in Canada, friends that I've known for a long time and will continue to know for a very long time.  They've always been super supportive of me and I'm super grateful for them.  Tonight they fed me and they've been giving me a warm home to sleep in this past month, until I leave, and when I return to Canada they'll be here with open arms, eager to hear my stories and supportive of what's next for me.  

I love my friends... just saying.  

No comments: