As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

My Dream Will Be My Reality

This happened today, while the rest of Toronto was sleeping -- sparring at 7am.
The before and after picture of it, before I realized just how rough it is sparring in a sweater and after going six rounds in the ring with this talented fighter.
This happened today too, at my home-away-from-home
-- the Toronto Reference Library.
Apparently this now includes returning to 
the library after it was the scene of a crime.
We do all have dreams, that's right, but whatever happened to the big dreams of my friends?!  Today I stood on the subway platform and looked around me, wondering if those around me were living their dream.  We all had big dreams when we were children but where along the way did we lose them?  A friend of mine said we didn't actually lose them, "reality just sets in", he said.  "The reality of what?" I asked.

No comments: