As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Overdosing on Vitamin D... Saturday, February 18

The weather was freakishly beautiful today; it was in the teens.  This time last week I was freezing my Polish butt off and cringing at having to take the bus to church the next day and here I was watching a half naked girl jog down the street in the gorgeous sun.

I didn't think it was that warm today but whatever.  Power to her for getting in a jog.

With the beautiful sun shining bright and warming up the air, I headed down to the harbour front after having a sweet breakfast in Milton with family.  I've been feeling so out of it lately.  I don't know if it's the stress with my move to the Philippines, having to deal with Korea, or what but my energy has been brutally low and all I want to do is sleep.  I figured the fresh air though would do me good and the weather was too nice to sleep through it.

Went on a little sight-seeing walk today down by the harbour front and checked out Paws Way.

...but first a stop at the police marine.

I was introduced to a new friend today, a police officer who works at the Toronto marine division.  It was a "busy" day for him and for his coworkers there today so he couldn't talk long.  In the few minutes that I walked in and chatted with him though I somehow managed to make them all laugh at my expense, oh gosh.  I walked in and said "I'd like to report a crime...against him", and pointed to the guy beside me.  Honestly, it wasn't until later that I realized I had just told a handful of police that I was about to violate someone... Oh gosh.  That totally didn't come out the right way.

And on that note, I left and headed to Paws Way.

Paws Way is a pet place down on the harbour front that sells various pet products in a big building that also houses a little educational area for pet lovers/owners and a training area.  It's pretty big and it's pretty cool because they encourage you to bring your pet there.  There's always a lot of dogs there (and by "always" I mean the 2 out of the 2 times I've been there there were many dogs... Hahaha).  

No comments: