As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, February 27, 2017

The Calm... Monday, February 27

It was the calm before the storm with tomorrow being the day I head out to the Philippines.  And despite the mapped out things to do tomorrow, I most definitely knew that things wouldn't go as planned because of confusion and complications being the overriding theme of preparing Balboa for the Philippines.

Note to my fellow four-legged friend travelers, unless you're moving or going somewhere for a lengthy period of time, DON'T bring your dog!  The excessive fees for the paperwork and shots alone, mixed with the caius, confusion and complications aren't worth it.  Honestly, if I knew it'd be costing me more to get Balboa out to the Philippines than it would for my very own plane ticket, I wouldn't have even consider it.

It was a relatively chill day; there was nothing additional that I could prepare for tomorrow, for "the storm", so I relaxed in the calm.

Caught coffee with the Captain, dropped off papers at the vet, updated my homepage, picked up some stuff at Shoppers Drugmart, worked up a sweat at the gym, and then ended it all off with some business work at Snakes & Lattes.

No comments: