As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Breakfast, Candling, and Stuff in Between

 I've always been a fan of breakfast and I'm most definitely a fan of breakfast here at Bigoli.
All-you-can-eat buffet breakfast?!  Ummm... YES!!!
I'm on tight budget so their $5.30 breakfast is perfect for an athlete like me who needs to fuel up on food for a day of intense training -- boxing in the morning, weight training in the evening.
And while the others may send their laundry to the laundry cleaners, I've started to wash my laundry by hand.  They said it takes about 3 business days to get your laundry back but I can't wait that long.  In three days, I will have gone through at least 6 sets of training clothes -- 6 pairs of leggings, 6 sports bras, 6 tank tops.  And then there's the clothes I wear when I'm not training.
 Saw a super scary scene from my condo window today -- a window worker who obviously was struggling to get back up to the top of the building.  I watched as he struggled and swore to myself that I'd give him five more minutes before I'd go downstairs and report him.  He ended up being rescued by someone who ended up opening up a window and throwing what looked like a rope for him to pull himself over to the window by so he could crawl in that way.
 No, no relaxing here.  I was taking a minor break in between my sets of laps at the pool.
The pool is gorgeous but way too cold for me to linger in so it proved to be 
perfect motivation for me to continue on with my laps.
 It's been decided upon, I'm training at Elorde's Boxing Club now.
I headed over there to officially sign up.  I'm an official member there now, good stuff. 
 Was treated to ear candling today, my first time ever and, judging by just how much ear wax that girl got out of my ear, I think it's safe to say she knew it was my first time... oh gosh.

No comments: