As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

From Pups to the Pool and then to Poor Box Jumps

Too funny, I just had to snap a picture of -- random street signs.
I can understand the "no poop zone" but no peeing too?!  I take it who ever made this sign has never had a dog.  Dogs pee pretty much everywhere and anywhere outside and given the fact that my little doggie, Balboa, still has his "junk" (isn't neutered), he wants to mark every poll and every curb as his territory.
After breakfast today I met a little gang of four-legged cuties, one of which was a black haired Chihuahua that looked exactly like Balboa.  His name is Chino and he's Italian -- no English.  Balboa was back at the condo sleeping but I'll have to bring him out and search one day for Chino.  
They're going to be BFFs here in the Philippines.
Always grinding.  No days off.
Got in my laps today at the pool but it was quite the struggle to get started.
The water in the pool was so chilly.  No wonder people were sitting poolside as oppose to swimming!
 At weight training tonight I snapped a short video of some guys trying to do box jumps.
There were about four of them but one guy, the shortie in the crew, was having a hell of a time getting up on that box.  Box jumps are such a mental exercise and by mental I mean it's all in your head.  You can jump.  Ask a child to jump and they just do it.  But put a box in front of someone, tell them to jump, and all of a sudden they don't know how to jump.  They second guess.

No comments: