As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

A Night of Fantastic Food and Fabulous Street Art


Was treated out to a very special celebration dinner tonight so I picked Thai food.

 There's always something going on here in Eastwood and tonight there was a live concert.
 There was also a graffiti show going on.  Earlier in the weekend the graffiti artists were out here doing their work and now it's all on display for everyone to enjoy.
 This was my favourite piece among them all.
I'm have connections with one of the artists and at the site of all this work on display it got me thinking.  If I decide to launch my Second Dream here in the Philippines, I'd definitely 
be interested in getting him to do the interior of my place.

No comments: