As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Life-Changing Decisions Needed... Wednesday, April 19

Decision #1:  Take this fight in the Philippines or visit Korea.
Aiming to make this decision by this Wednesday.

Decision #2:  Open my business here in the Philippines or in Canada.
Aiming to make this decision by the end of this week, Sunday.

Today I decided to take the fight.  Decision #1 check, done.

Reasons why:
This is what I came for, what I wanted -- a fight.
Snickers' hasn't replied to me for several days so I can't even plan a visit even if I wanted to.
I risk showing up in Korea and Snickers and my stuff being MIA (because he's socially MIA).
I'm not really prepared to deal with Korea and it's not ready for me.
I had promised certain friends I wouldn't visit Korea unaccompanied.
I rather go to Korea legally prepared to deal with things then just swing by.
I can go to Korea on a different date but I may not get another chance to fight here.

I'll be fighting at the tournament at the end of May that my coaches had asked me to fight in despite it being an amateur tournament.  Yes, I t's an amateur tournament but they're adding our pro fight to the card.  Consequently, it's a rare situation and the details are a bit fuzzy

The details of it all aren't yet figured out, I had a meeting with several of the coaches at Elorde regarding it.  No sooner had Coach Garry approach me about it he made it known that he knows my opponent.

Turns out I also know my opponent.

"How do you feel then?", he asked.
"Nervous now... Wow", was my response.

About a month ago I went to the Mall of Asia to watch some live boxing matches.  At the tournament I met a particular female boxer who I then watched and cheered on as she took on and took down her opponent in the first minute of the first round.

She's my opponent.

No comments: