As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Turns Out I'm Sensitive... Wednesday, April 26

I never thought I was sensitive about my hair until today's hair appointment.

Up until just this past week no one by my girl Marney in Whitby, my hair stylist, has cut my hair.  I had gone last Friday to get a trim but the stylist totally ignored fixing my layers so I walked out of the salon with just a blunt bob.  But with no energy to even realize this much less stay away during the appointment, I went home. 

With one side of my head shaved and the other side dyed and layered in a sharp cut, I've come to the conclusion that I'll let people shave my one side but the other side isn't to be touched.  Well, that was until last Friday.  I had held off for as long as I could but my hair was getting such split ends.  

Today I went for my second hair appointment -- my appointment to fix the first one.

I asked for line design in my shaved side and for the layers to be fixed up but the length not to be touched with the other side.  I walked out with no lines on the shaved side and layers fixed way too much and length chopped off on the other side.  The language barrier was there matched with the stylist being unfamiliar with perhaps doing lines or understanding that it wasn't so much that I wanted to keep the length but needed to keep it.  My hair will grow, I know, but not in time for tomorrow's boxing when I'll need to tuck my hair behind my ears but now can't.

I wasn't happy but I didn't want to be that difficult kind of customer -- it's a friend's salon -- so I simply left.  I should have just asked to wait so that when my friend was done doing her client's hair she could then do mine.  I should have and could have voiced up more and explained more what I wanted but I didn't.  Should have, could have, and perhaps would have too.., but didn't.  

Lesson learned.

Lesson learned the hard way. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Headbands! They are a life saver when front hairs are too short.