As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Walking with All the Saints

With an expected hour and a half car ride out to the countryside, I entertained myself by watching the other vehicles on the road.  This was the most interesting to me -- a father and his small daughter on the scooter behind me.  I didn't even know they made helmets that small.  Super cute! 
 Destination: Guagua, a small town out in the province.
Life here feels so much slower than that of Eastwood, wow.
But the house hidden behind the old gates I passed through was definitely not what I was expecting.
 I shot this picture in the front building on the property.  I was told it use to be a school and at one point it use to be an engineering building of some sort.  Regardless of what it use to be, the place was jam packed with people and food!!!
 In the kitchen area, there were some helpers making the most delish of desserts.
 Leave it to me to search out a new four-legged friend.  
Behind her are the two floats we'll be pulling in today's Good Friday parade.
Whaaaat?!  That's a wicked kid's tree house!
I ventured on the property and then headed out the property gates to explore the streets.
 My Filipina twin, Aimee!!!
 It was hard to take a good picture of the parade at night but no picture would have done it justice.
 The parade was pretty cool, I can't downplay it.  
There were so many people participating and about 26-28 floats in it.
This was my favourite shot of the parade -- me walking behind the float with family, 
underneath the stars in the sky and all those red and yellow flags.

No comments: