As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Fighting the Champ and the Heat

Trained with the champ today, Rocky.
I read some where a great quote -- Experience is a great lesson, even if pain is the teacher.
Today I definitely left the ring being the poster child for that quote but what a great sparring session!
 I left the club with a my brain feeling a bit wobbly in my head and then had the "fun" of trying to flag down a taxi.  I didn't have the patience to do that so I started to walk.
My walk took me through a rough part of the city that had a million dollar view, wow.
 Most randomly discovered a line of tricycles so I asked them to drive me to Eastwood.
They're not actually allowed to drive into Eastwood so I got him to drop me off at the corner of it.
Traffic in the Philippines.  It doesn't matter what time of day it is, it's always there -- traffic. 

No comments: