As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

I Can't Believe This is Even True!!!... Wednesday, May 3

I took the day off training to stay back and help nurse a certain someone who wasn't feeling well and how ironic, the sick got better and the better got sick.

I'm sick. 

I haven't been sick in seriously over a decade.  Ask anyone who knows me.  Ask them when the last time I was sick and they'll be left scratching their heads and racking their brains.  I don't get sick.  Injured, sure, of course.  I'm a boxer, getting injured comes with the job.  But I just don't get sick.  

Tonight I definitely knew I was sick.

I don't know whether it's food poisoning or the stomach flu but my tummy is hating everything right now, including me.  

I was treated to a movie out tonight and knew well enough to bring my sweater.

Side note:  Philippines movie theatres are soooo damn cold!!! It's ridiculous!

I was okay during the first part of the movie but during the last half hour of it I started to get the chills.  I curled my feet up and sat in my seat shivering.  I left the theatre complaining about how cold I was but even when we got outside into the warm Philippine evening air I was still cold.  I got home, wrapped myself up in every blanket in the house and with my big sweater on I laid there freezing.  

No comments: