As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

I Can't Believe This is Even True!!!... Wednesday, May 3

I took the day off training to stay back and help nurse a certain someone who wasn't feeling well and how ironic, the sick got better and the better got sick.

I'm sick. 

I haven't been sick in seriously over a decade.  Ask anyone who knows me.  Ask them when the last time I was sick and they'll be left scratching their heads and racking their brains.  I don't get sick.  Injured, sure, of course.  I'm a boxer, getting injured comes with the job.  But I just don't get sick.  

Tonight I definitely knew I was sick.

I don't know whether it's food poisoning or the stomach flu but my tummy is hating everything right now, including me.  

I was treated to a movie out tonight and knew well enough to bring my sweater.

Side note:  Philippines movie theatres are soooo damn cold!!! It's ridiculous!

I was okay during the first part of the movie but during the last half hour of it I started to get the chills.  I curled my feet up and sat in my seat shivering.  I left the theatre complaining about how cold I was but even when we got outside into the warm Philippine evening air I was still cold.  I got home, wrapped myself up in every blanket in the house and with my big sweater on I laid there freezing.  

No comments: