As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, May 05, 2017

The Continuation of Being Sick... Friday, May 5

Day two of being sick.

Some discoveries I've made about what it's like to be sick...
- Food doesn't taste the same.
- Even watching TV becomes difficult.
- The thought of food made me nauseous. 
- I started to overthink things because I really had nothing else to do and could do nothing else.
- I discovered it is possible to drink from a water bottle while laying on my back.

We're not too sure if I have food poisoning or the stomach flu but it's pretty coincidental that I got sick the day after eating the exact meal at the exact restaurant the sick person I was nursing back to health had eaten the day before he got sick.  Remember that poke bowl I posted a pic of?  Yup, that!  

I was told though that I have the stomach flu.  

My symptoms:
-- feel nauseous
-- had the chills
-- had a high fever
-- couldn't stomach any foods
-- dizzy
-- diarrhea
-- intestinal cramps
-- joint stiffness
-- weight loss

The main difference between several symptoms is that the incubation period of the stomach flu and food poisoning are different.  For the stomach flu, it's 24-48 hours after exposure to the virus verses only 2-6 hours after eating contaminated food with the case of food poisoning.  

I definitely have the stomach flu and I definitely can feel myself losing weight and getting weaker by the minute.

No comments: