As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 05, 2017

The Continuation of Being Sick... Friday, May 5

Day two of being sick.

Some discoveries I've made about what it's like to be sick...
- Food doesn't taste the same.
- Even watching TV becomes difficult.
- The thought of food made me nauseous. 
- I started to overthink things because I really had nothing else to do and could do nothing else.
- I discovered it is possible to drink from a water bottle while laying on my back.

We're not too sure if I have food poisoning or the stomach flu but it's pretty coincidental that I got sick the day after eating the exact meal at the exact restaurant the sick person I was nursing back to health had eaten the day before he got sick.  Remember that poke bowl I posted a pic of?  Yup, that!  

I was told though that I have the stomach flu.  

My symptoms:
-- feel nauseous
-- had the chills
-- had a high fever
-- couldn't stomach any foods
-- dizzy
-- diarrhea
-- intestinal cramps
-- joint stiffness
-- weight loss

The main difference between several symptoms is that the incubation period of the stomach flu and food poisoning are different.  For the stomach flu, it's 24-48 hours after exposure to the virus verses only 2-6 hours after eating contaminated food with the case of food poisoning.  

I definitely have the stomach flu and I definitely can feel myself losing weight and getting weaker by the minute.

No comments: