As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 01, 2017

The Pressure is Definitely High... Monday, May 1

Pressure is on for me to make a decision.

Today it's...
...50% chance I'll start my next business in the Philippines.
...30% chance I'll return and do it in Canada.
...20% chance I'll spend some time in Korea at my club.

This decision is life-changing, I know, and it consumes my thoughts every single day.

I need to make a choice asap.  My plane flies out on May 28th, in exactly 27 days, but I need to make the decision before hand because I have to figure out what prep stuff needs to be done for Balboa.  If I'm going, I have to figure out the flight legalities and requirements to board him.  If I'm returning to the Philippines, whether that be after I visit Canada or go to Korea, I have to figure out where to house him while I'm away.  And then there is my living situation -- where do I live and how to finance my situation.  

In a perfect world, I'd return to Canada, deal with my stuff in storage, see friends and say by to my church, then fly off to Korea to deal with the legalities of my club, and return to life here in the Philippines.  I'd write off my flight to Korea as a business expense my boxing club in Korea would pick up and then, after I sell off my part of Hulk's, I'd return to the Philippines and use that money to support myself until my business takes off.

We don't live in a perfect world though, hence why it's been 2 years and legal action is moving at a turtle's pace.  This is my life though and a smart business contact of mine here, a fellow fierce female, once told me just the other week that whatever happens it's my choice.  So, on that note, I definitely have to push myself to be more proactive about this sticky situation in Korea, just go and deal with it regardless of how much it scares the poop out of me, and then continue pushing forward with my dream.

No comments: