As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

This Girl is on Fire... Tuesday, May 2

Today's Schedule:
11am.           Swimming
12:30pm.      Do some laundry (hand wash)
1pm.             Go to Starbucks to work on my Second Dream, homepage and emails.
4pm.             Drop Balboa off to get his nails trimmed and teeth cleaned.  
4:15pm.        Check out the local church
7pm.             Weight training: back and chest
10pm.           Go to Costa (coffee shop) to work on my business plan and research.
12:30am.      Return home to relax a bit before bed.

I was on a roll today, seriously.  I was on fire with checking off my long list of things to do.  

Biggest win for today with being so on fire, being so productive, was with regards to setting things up with a local church.  The church I went to last week, CCF, has a smaller church here in Eastwood so I thought I'd Google it.  Low and behold I found it's Facebook page and, well, one thing lead to another when I saw something that sparked my interest.  Last week the pastor had mentioned about different ministries at the church and I found out today that there's a fitness ministry here in Eastwood, it's called FitSquad.  It runs once a week, on Tuesdays -- Tuesdays at 7:30pm.  Next thing I knew it I was talking to the head coach on one hand and another member of the church on the other.  Turns out it was the head coach's wife on the other hand and, get this, they haven't been able to run the FitSquad for about 6 months because of his busy schedule but now they're expecting a child.  

HELLO... Am I the only one that sees the amazing opportunity here?!

I would love, love, LOVE to take this FitSquad on and help coach it.  I think that'd be awesome.  Not only would it be a wicked way to meet people but it'd also be a great way to get connected to the church and the possibilities for it to help me in the future with my Second Dream are endless.  It could be like a trial run for my Second Dream in terms of testing out new boot camp ideas and boxercise classes.  It's a volunteer position so it's not like they can fire me.  If I don't fit the mould they're looking for then it's really no big deal because their choices right now are no training or me.  I'm clearly better than nothing though I vouch I'm pretty awesome when it comes to training others.  I love it.  

One problem.

Okay, two problems....

Both the first and second problem depend on location, more specifically my location.  If I'm returning to Canada then there's no point in me getting started with FitSquad because I'll be leaving in about 3 weeks.  BUT, if I do return, then there's the question of whether or not I'll be situated in Eastwood or close by.  Right now it's not looking like I will be, situated in Eastwood that is.  Eastwood doesn't have the clientele my business is interested in none the less it'd be a great opportunity for me to use it as a kind of Guinea pig for my workout ideas plus add some much needed life to my already totally lacking social life.

No comments: