As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Getting in a Double Dose of Sweat On... Wednesday, June 14

I miss my coaches and fellow fighters at Elorde, not going to lie, I think about them often and wonder if they miss me.  Having said that though, I do like training at Elite Boxing here in Makati.  It's right across the street behind my condo so it's super convenient to get to and training with Coach Bogs is going good.  I haven't met too many of the fellow fighters training there but have conversed with many of the different coaches.  At Elorde I really felt like part of the team there and here I'm still trying to establish myself and earn my spot.  I pretty much do my own thing at training, like I did at Elorde, with the exception being Coach Bogs calling me over to do pad work with me.  Today he tried to up the intensity of it by adding extra rounds of each exercise to my training.

MY BOXING ROUTINE:
3R  Skipping
3R  Shadow boxing
3R  Pad work with Coach Bogs
3R  Speed bad
3R  Heavy bag work
3R  Double end bag
3R  Pad work with Coach Bogs
3R  Heavy bag work
= 20 rounds (3mins a round + 1min break)
= 80 minutes (1hr and 20mins)

After boxing, I then go and do core exercises.  

TODAY'S CORE WORKOUT:
20   Roll outs
20   Plank twists
20   Leg lifts
20   Toe taps (with 15lb kettlebell)
x2 sets

After boxing, I returned home just drenched with sweat.  That's what we call "gym nasty".  I showered, ate, relaxed for a bit and then later in the evening I headed down to the condo gym for weight training.  I don't have boxing tomorrow so today I did legs.  I love training legs but not when there's only one Smith machine and the dude hogging it is doing calf raises on it.  You don't need a Smith machine for calf raises, well at least not the light weighted ones he was doing.  I think I saw a girl curling more than he was using for his calves.... ouch!

Seriously bro... do you even lift?!

No comments: