As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Never As Planned... Friday, July 21

Today's ORIGINAL schedule:
10am            Boxing
2pm              Meeting with 3 gyms and 1 boxing club
9pm              Weight training

What REALLY went down... 
12pm            Lunch menu launch party at Belle & Dragon
1:30pm         Head over briefly to Damiana's (check out their graffiti mural)
2pm              Introduced to Launch Lab
5:30pm         Boxing
8pm              Dinner out at SaladStop!
9:30pm         Business network meeting at Smith Butcher & Grill
10:30pm       Visit Ikomai Touch
11pm             Business mentoring meeting at Mantra 

Today I was suppose to hit up 2 boxing gyms and 4 gyms via my boxing training, my weight training, and four meetings.  However, I only got in my boxing and I didn't get into train until much later.  Instead of those 6 training facilities my day was to be centered around, I paid visit to 7 different food places -- 6 restaurants and 1 food prep company.

I trained late and ate late but just when I thought my day was done I was called out for some business networking. A successful local business man and his wife have kind of taken me in and have been really helping me with my business planning. Tonight they wanted to introduce me to some possible important contacts. We then headed back to my area to chat at one of the neighbouring restaurants and that went late into the night. I got home well after 1am.

...and that's how my days are lately, so unpredictable but always work, work, work.

No comments: