As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Launch of my Bootcamps... Thursday, July 27

My run with my running group was cancelled on account of the ran which you'd think I'd take the opportunity to sit back, catch my breath and relax.

Nope... you're so wrong.  Come on, are you really surprised?!  

After my business meeting I headed home in the rain and with a free evening I then invested my time towards launching an idea that was discussed about at earlier on.  I popped up the laptop screen, got comfortable in my seat, and started to brainstorm ideas for a flyer I was going to start right there and then.

I already am a pretty familiar face here in the community but I really need to get my name more out there and make people more aware of what I'm about to launch.  You'd be surprised at just how many people here who know I'm looking to launch my own business.  They may not know exactly what I'm about to launch but I'm sure they're all assuming it's something in the fitness and health industry.  One way that was suggested to me with regards to getting myself more known and developing me as a brand is to do personal training.  Personal training is good, yes, and it's good for cash, but personal training is a one-to-one approach that's usually done in a gym or someone's private condo gym.  If I need to put myself more out there then what better way to do it that round up a group of participants to do a group training session.

Announcing my female-only boot camp sessions; two camps that start in August and run for 4 weeks.  

I put a cap of 6 participants for each of my camps but I know it'll generate a lot of hype.  People walking in the park will be instantly confronted with a group of 6 women doing functional training with me, a foreign peach girl, yelling at them.  It's such a perfect advertisement for my clubhouse and for my branding myself, not to mention it'll provide perfect opportunity for me to test out different coaching styles and exercises, plus it'll also give me a lot of hands-on experience and insightful feedback regarding the women here in the Philippines and their fitness preferences, etc.

I'm excited. 

My excitement about launching my bootcamps was only all that more amplified by the amazing response of friends and fans on Facebook and Instagram.  Within 50 minutes of posting my bootcamp flyer online almost half my participant spots were filled.  I was messaged by numerous people wanting to sign up, boyfriends enquiring for their girl friends, texted by friends who had passed my number to others, and messaged by friends back in Toronto telling me they wish they were here so they too could join.  

No comments: