As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Delay to a Full-Speed Day... Tuesday, August 15

It took me an extra 30 minutes to get my tired Polish self out of bed.
It took me another 2 hours to get my unmotivated Polish self out of my condo and street side.
I didn't want to run today and I definitely didn't want to do a morning fasted run. Not fun.

But I did it.  I may have taken me a ridiculously long extra 2.5hrs to start it but I did it.

And did I come back regretting having done it?!  Absolutely not but I did regret it taking me so long to get out there to actually do it because I had a long list of things I had to do today.

Making Balboa an Instagram page wasn't one of those things.

I am the queen of procrastination, seriously.  If there were ever an award for it, a title to be fought for, a label to be won, I'd smoke the competition.  The only thing that basically stops me from my procrastination from taking over and completely making my day useless is my dependency on lists.  I start out each morning, after my breakfast, by sitting at my kitchen table with a large cup of coffee and my agenda.  I write out that day's list of things to do.  A lot of the time they are flooded with relatively mundane and silly things that really don't need to be put on the list but it keeps me focused and busy.  

A list distracts me from becoming distracted... from procrastinating.

Today's To-Do List...
  • Fasted morning run at Ayala Triangle.
  • EC: Instagram post -- preworkout snacks.
  • EC: Work on the numbers for EC 1.2. -- profit & loss, revenue, staffing, etc.
  • EC: Type up the boxing bootcamp outline.
  • Send the Meetup.com link to C.
  • Update my HP with Sunday's entry.
  • Get my head shaved.
  • Revamp my Facebook page -- cover shot and profile pic.
  • Call TV5 regarding the filmed interview.

Note:  EC stands for Empowered Clubhouse and getting my head shaved was the only thing on today's to-do list that I didn't complete.  Finishing all the work related to the Empowered Clubhouse numbers took up a good chunk of a day.  Not bad for a day's worth of work though.  It was a long day but a very productive one.  Oh, and I have a new potential investor.  I haven't actually met them yet but my name came up in my business mentor's meeting tonight and they passed their business card on to him to give to me.  Sweet.  The ball is definitely rolling on this Second Dream of mine.  I love it!

No comments: