As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 08, 2017

A Sugar Overdoes Evening

Ended off my morning of training at the boxing club with some ab work with Coach Bogs. 
Here's some footage of one of the exercises we did.
 One of my Empowered Sisters was celebrating her birthday today so I headed out to celebrate it with her at a place I've never seen here in Makati -- Circuit Makati.  It's an outdoor mall that has an overdose of restaurants but also some pretty cool places like an arcade, games room, playing field, and also a go kart race track. 
 Our group of four enjoyed a delish dinner together and then headed to a games room.
On Board, a games room that brought back a flood of memories of late nights working away at my business proposal at Snakes & Lattes in Toronto, Canada.  I use to go there all the time, work away on my business planning till the staff had to kick me out because they were closing for the night.  One day I'm going to return to Snakes & Lattes in Toronto and show them pictures of the clubhouse I use to sit there for hours planning.  I'll show them that I made it a reality.
 Can't say I'll ever in my life ever order a milkshake again... hell no!
I've been doing a 21 No Junk Food challenge and have been having no problem doing so but with it being a special birthday I thought I'd treat myself.  Big mistake... BIG mistake.  
Ditched the milkshake and focused on our game playing.  We played this one game, Battle of the Sexes, and even though us females lost we would have lost even worse had we not cheated... hahaha. Sad but true fact.  All our questions had to do with celebrities and I'm not one for celebrities nor was my partner in crime tonight.

No comments: