As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

No Rest Day for Me... Sunday, September 17

TODAY'S SCHEDULE:
Legazpi street market
Watch the Canelo v GGG fight
Business prep work (for next week's meetings)
Sparring with Coach Bogs
BAMBike BBQ for World Bamboo Day

A new heightened respect for GGG after I stepped into the ring for seven rounds of sparring with Coach Bogs.  I'm not a fan of GGG, I like Canelo, but man did he ever take some brutal body shots.  I don't think the average person knows just how hard body punches hurt and the impact they have on you, wow.  It's not really about the pain of the blow, it's more so a chemical thing that happens.  A mean body shot to the liver will send you down to the mat in a matter of seconds and there's nothing you can really do about it.  
1... 2... boxer down!

Seven rounds of sparring and two body shots in particular that I'm going to feel until tomorrow. One that sent me to the mat and then one a couple of rounds later, on the opposite side, just to even things out... as in even the pain... ouch.  That second body shot that really got me hit me hard and hit me high.  Right on the ribs, wow.

I rather take a hook over a clean body shot any day.

No comments: