As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Unexpected Flop... Friday, September 22

It was a crazy busy day today that started at 5:30am with me having to get up and get out the door so I could be at the airport by 7am.  With only a coffee in my tummy, I knew it'd be a rough morning because I don't function well with no food.  When we all got back to Makati, we dropped off his luggage and then headed back out, this time in search for food -- breakfast.

Today Skittles' best friend from Toronto, Canada flew in for a visit.  

Despite the early morning start, the day was going super smoothly.  I was feeling good.

And then I got a text message.

The Daily Grub, the food service company I had decided to go with for my weekly prepared meals, texted me to tell me they're putting a stop to their business temporarily.  A stop?!  Wait... what?!  Just yesterday I had wired them my money for my food order and then today they were telling me this? Seriously? Seriously.

I was ticked.

I really couldn't afford to lose the money I had sent them, I definitely needed the cash back and I definitely needed to find a replacement company to go with them asap.  

Friday, late afternoon, is the cut-off day and time for most food delivery service companies and it was coming down to the crunch.  I had researched the heck out of numerous food delivery companies and the Daily Grub stood out as the easy winner.  It was among the cheapest but it also had the right calorie count and it addressed issues of macro counting.  Most other companies totally disregard macros and are all about the calorie count.  Sorry but not all calories are the same!  I need my high carbs for the type of training I do and I can most definitely feel it on the days when I'm lacking in carbs.  I feel lightheaded and almost drunk-like.  

Quickly had to make an executive decision on which other company to go with, put in my order, send them the money, and then fight with the other company for my refund.  Not fun.  

No comments: