As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Last Day of Recovery

I've lived out of Canada for more than 12 years now but there are moments when I definitely miss it. When I lived in Korea, a peanut butter, jam and banana sandwich was my comfort food, I ate it whenever I felt really homesick. Here in the Philippines, it's officially French toast. Today it's a French toast kind of day.
I'm never short of things to do but I'm bad for distracting myself from tasks at hand, especially when I'm home alone. I was suppose to be answering business emails and this resulted, a hole the size of my fist in the right leg of my favourite jeans. The question here is, who is looking after who. Am I looking after Balboa or is he looking after me?! I'm beginning to question this.
Just me in my simplicity, by the pool, trying to enjoy the last day of rest before I get back to training. Being away from training has been a struggle. The gains become addicting, the progress becomes the daily goal, and the exhaustion and overdose of sweat becomes a daily reality of mine... again, tomorrow. I'm only one day away.
 Attend a Swap & Shop event at Kapwa Hair Salon.  
They've been hosting these every Sunday or so but this was the first one I've actually attended.
 I came here in hopes of buying some business-casual tank tops and perhaps a blazer but I ended up treating myself to a handmade skull bracelet, made by one of the fierce females I coach.  Love it.

No comments: