As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Potential Extra Cause... Sunday, October 15

I have an adopted Filipino family here and it's a massive one.  One of the amazing perks... as if having this gigantic large family here wasn't enough... is the array of professions they bring to the table.  Today we all met for a family lunch party.  

On my right sat my business mentor.
Across from me sat a doctor.
Down the table on the right sat a corporate lawyer.
And down the table on the left sat another lawyer.

My business mentor and the two lawyers discuss stuff with Empowered and then I asked the doctor about my current situation, the "lovely" food poisoning.  Turns out I might not have food poisoning actually though perhaps maybe it started as that but it's now something else... or something in addition.  That's the current confusion.  I'm now taking meds though my stubborn little self didn't want it to come to that but I'm taking various meds to tame my tummy and calm my dizziness.  

Perhaps it's the water, more specifically, perhaps it's the filter that's suppose to be filtering the water!!!

This would explain a lot actually -- why I'm sick and not say my business partner or anyone else that has drank that water.  I drink about 2-4Ls a day whereas everyone else has simply just had a glass.  

Yup.  We think it's the filter.

All I know is this isn't cool.  This isn't good.  When you're a sponsored athlete expected and use to training six days a week and when you're an entrepreneur launching your own new business, glitches like this need to be at a minimum... seriously.  

And on that note, time to pop my meds.

No comments: