As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Traffic Takes Over... Friday, October 13

Only in the Philippines can a 11km car ride take an hour and a half. It’s situations like this – the traffic and the crazy commute for what is relatively short distances – that make meetings out of town all that harder to happen and harder to get to. Today I had a business meeting out in BGC, it was scheduled for 4:30pm, but there were too many factors at play today that made it simply impossible. 

The rain. 
The fact that today was a Friday, the end of the work week. 
Then the fact that today was payday here in the Philippines. 

Three solid factors that were all working their wonders against me. The Uber app told me that it’d be 24 minutes until my Uber arrived and it’d be almost three times the price as usual. So I had to post pone the meeting. I could have sucked up the cost, that was somewhat expected, but the long wait and then the traffic I’d have to contend with… No thanks.

No comments: