As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Hashtag Creepy... Saturday, November 18

I'm not too sure how people are able to search me out but recently I've been having an increase of strangers reach out to me on social media, in particular though via Instagram.  I don't know if it's creepy or cool but it's been happening.

Yesterday an American pro MMA fighter private visiting the Philippines messaged me on Instagram, asking me about my boxing club, Elite.  He wanted to know the prices and whatnot so I gave him the details and recommended him to check it out.  Today he came to train and I happened to be there.  
#cool

Today someone private messaged me to tell me that they saw me coaching at Ayala Triangle.  They noted that they wanted to take a picture with me but they were too shy.  I thought that was cute so I responded by telling them next time to say him because I'm "a cool gal".
#cool

Another person private messaged me today, they took it a step further that the others who had messaged me.  They had taken a picture of me walking today to Ayala and then they sent it to me.  The message that followed the picture was short and to the point.  "I saw you", they wrote.  I responded by sending him a close up picture of my eye.  "Big brother may be watching but little sister is watching back", I added.
#creepy

On Thursday one of my potential suppliers for my custom made boxing equipment responded to a picture I put on my Facebook Story.  He responded with a smiley face that had two hearts for the eyes.  I messaged him back telling him that it was totally unprofessional of him to be sending me such messages because we have a business relationship.   
#creepy

Also on Thursday, I had a long time fan of mine message me a couple of pictures of me that they had found online and then they wrote "I will never let you go. No matter what situation we are in, I love and care about you for ever."  I didn't respond.
#creepy

Hashtags are big but #creepy has turned into my go-to response to many of these random people messaging me because I really don't know what to say but it.  I mean, it's one thing to see me and one thing to take a picture of me but how do they even go about finding me on Instagram or Facebook?! I can understand how the MMA fighter found me.  Look up Makati boxing clubs and up comes Elite.  Look up Elite and up comes me.  But for the others who see me and then randomly find out how to contact me.  How do they do that?!  It's not like I wear my name on my shirt or anything.  And then to send these random paparazzi pictures secretly taken of me, to admit to doing such a thing... ya, #creepy is right.

No comments: