As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Meetings at the Park... Saturday, November 25

Slowly but surely I'm building a name for myself here in the Philippines, not only as a fighter but also as a coach.  And just when I think my efforts are pointless something happens, like last week a few people randomly messaged me on Instagram.   Today one of those who had contacted me came specifically to Ayala Triangle to take a picture with me.  He approached me while I was coaching so I stopped and asked if he was the guy from Instagram.  He was.  We snapped a couple of pictures, he left the park and I continued coaching.  It was a sweet and flattering run-in.  No sooner had I finished my boot camp and left my girls though, I was then approached by someone else.  I had seen him watching us training but didn't think anything of it.  It is an open, public park and it's not too often you see girls boxing in it so I get a lot of curious people looking at us, some watching.  I know we stand out.  Anyways, he approached me as I went to leave and commented about watching me.  A conversation then was sparked.

After chatting with him, I told him I had to leave so I handed him my business card and left.

Ten minutes later my phone rang.  I answered.

I think he had started to follow me but I took a dip into the mall and then took backstreets home.

And just like that, I might possibly have my first stalker fan in the Philippines. 


No comments: