As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 24, 2017

Switching Over... Friday, November 24

I have officially left Yummy Diet.

I'm now signed with Dear Diet Ph.

For the past couple of months Yummy Diet has been faithfully delivering my food weekly, five days a week, in the morning.  I've been quite happy with their meals, very happy actually, but if I were to have any kind of complaint it'd be with their snacks.  Usually their snacks consist of a simple fruit, a yogurt or crackers.  Every once in awhile they make an interesting snack, like a small cupcake or pudding, but for the most part their snacks feel like an afterthought, nothing that effort was given to.  Lately their lack of interest with their snacks has really been getting to me.  

In the afternoon, after boxing and after lunch, I sit down to work on Empowered.

Around 3pm I take a little mental break, a snack break.  

Coffee and... ummm... an orange?!  Blah.  Boring.

Of course there are other food delivery service companies that jam pack their meal plans with over-the-top meals and mouth-watering snacks, but they also come with a price that my starving athlete, budding entrepreneur budget just can't handle.  

Yummy Diet was only 2,200Php/$55Cdn a week -- 3 meals a day plus snacks, for 5 days. 

Dear Diet Ph is 2,100Php/$52.5Cdn a week for the same thing but snacks that satisfy my mid-day afternoon mental break cravings.

It's a bit cheaper and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's also better.

No comments: