As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 01, 2017

Frustrations... Friday, December 1

I'm a pretty positive person but staying motivated and positive is sometimes a struggle.  Lately I've been dealing with a difficult client that has thrown me every excuse in the book, the struggle to get the right location for Empowered has been testing my patience like it's no one's business, and setting up the legalities for Empower has been challenging.  Throw in the fact that this plus so much more is going down while I watch, listen and learn just how successful Skittles' business is becoming and, ya, the struggle is real.  

We were in the parking lot tonight when a couple approached us.  They had their physical invite to his opening party in their hand and wanted to ask him more about it.  His grand opening is next week, December 7th.  I'm happy for his success and know he's deserving of it but at the same time I can't help but feel like I'm taking a bullet to the chest sometimes when I hear about it.  

I would love to have his "problems". 
I would love to have the support from my family that he has from his.  

Sometimes I feel like a hamster in one of those wheels thingys... running super fast but getting really no where, not really interacting with life around them, because they're stuck in this silly plastic bubble.  

I woke up this morning with it all sitting heavy on my chest and then struggled to shake it off so I brought it to the boxing club with me.  Coach Bogs and Coach Caeo sat and listened to me vent and then tried their best to cheer me up.  

Dear Diet Ph, the food company that I've been trying this week, didn't deliver Skittles' food today so that definitely didn't help the whole situation.  It was the third mistake they've made this week and it was a biggie.

Fired them. 

Wish I could fire more people that are just driving me bonkers.

I quit training a particular client of mine.  I fired her as a client, not sure if that's even possible but it was a much needed move.  I simply can't help someone who won't help themselves or accept help, someone who is bringing me down while I've been doing nothing but trying my damn hardest to bring them up.  Sometimes you just have to give up on people, not because you don't care but because they don't.  

No comments: