As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Go Away December... Friday, December 29

Am convinced the Philippines should just be closed for the month of December.

December was such a write off.

With all the company parties, holiday travelling, and scheduling disasters, it's been incredibly hard to be productive this past month.  We've got Christmas in December, New Year's at the end, and other random holidays leading up to it.  Consequently, I haven't been training 6 days a week at the boxing club like I had anticipated.

Despite the holidays and all the set backs, complications and cancellations because of it, I'm pretty impressed with just how well Skittles is pushing through with The Refined.  Our buddy Steve, a fellow Canadian, is also pushing through, with his restaurant Hacienda.  I dropped by both businesses today and they were going full force while the rest of the country was distracted with Christmas.

The Refined was hosting a bachelor party while Hacienda was having a menu tasting.

I chatted with some of the groomsmen at the one place and then enjoyed some amazing Mexican food at the other.  Ran into some friends, met some cool new people and even met a cool volleyball player -- a fellow female pro athlete.  It was a good night.

No comments: