As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Going Forward... Saturday, December 9

Coaching my Empowered bootcamps at Ayala Triangle have been getting me more attention than I anticipated.  I'm definitely not complaining.  I was casually watching the Makati Story Instragram Stories and happened to recognize me.  Someone had come to Ayala and captured me on video with their phone.  I don't know if I'm flattered or creeped out.  A couple approached me today, right before my coaching, to inquire about my bootcamp.  And I've even had several people within the community reach out to me via social media and ask to meet me at Ayala Triangle for a picture with them.

It's all very flattering but flattery doesn't pay my bills.  It does however spark the interest of possible future investors.

Today I settled the finer details and launched the ad for my next Empowered project -- the Empowered Holiday Bulge Blast Bootcamp.  It'll be a free bootcamp for all ladies who want to attend and the only thing I'm asking is for them to join the Empowered Clubhouse group page and click "going" on the event so that I can plan accordingly.  The goal is to get a solid group of 20 participants but, of course, the more the merrier.

In the early evening I headed over to Elite for boxing and when I dropped my gear down I was called out.  A man training with Coach Jasper in the ring was calling my name.  "Don't worry, I'm not one of your Instagram stalkers", he joked.  Turns out it was non other than the actual owner of Elite.  Meeting him and seeing him was definitely a first and he was nothing like how I had envisioned him to be.  He was very nice and extremely encouraging of me wanting to sign for a fight and with regards to Empowered. 

No comments: