As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

I've Returned... Thursday, December 14

Boxing in the morning and business in the afternoon... and in the evening... and into the wee early hours of the morning.

If only I could clock in how many hours I've spent on Empowered, I'd be close to retirement.

Okay, so maybe that's a far stretch but I have spent so much time and effort on building it.  

I finished creating the Empowered FitSquad Mentorship Program for the Bicutan Drug Rehab Centre today and I got the seal of approval from Coach Farah.  Tomorrow I'm going to send it off to them.  

I have more or less decided on where to situate the Empowered Clubhouse but am not really disclosing it to anyone beyond my business partner (Coach Farah) and business mentors.  I did however disclose it to my Uber driver today when what's usually a 25 minute Uber turned into almost an hour.  I picked his brain about my location and he gave me a thumbs up for it.  It's Uber-approved, nice.

I headed off to BGC for a meeting today that got pushed back a few hours and then never happened because of their busy schedule.  It's being rescheduled which isn't a problem but it meant I showed up at The Refined at 5pm for that and then ended up staying till about 9pm.  

I tried to go to bed around 1am but then got into quite the lengthy discussion about defining the business roles and being the CEO.  I think the best at night, which is really not a good thing in that I think hard and I think long, so I end up staying late.  I think I went to bed around 3am.  

No comments: