As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Encouraging Dialogue... Tuesday, January 2

Day 2 of 2018 and today I sent off my corporate papers to my lawyer, nice.  I also dropped off most of my stuff at the new condo and headed into boxing for my first sweat sess of the new year.

Ya, Day 2 of the new year was pretty good. 

One of my New Year resolutions is to reach 10,000 followers on my Dead Aim Amy Instagram page.  Right now I'm at 1,483.  Only 8,517 to go... ya, "only".  Ouch.  Today I tried to do some research online for tips and pointers on how to build my followers.  

-- be more interactive with your followers
-- pose questions
-- share advice
-- teach something you know, like do a mini tutorial
-- introduce yourself

These were some of the things I picked up from my so-called researching.

"Or you can just show your boobs", a friend told me.  Thanks but no thanks.  First of all, I'm not that kind of girl, I don't do sexy, and second of all I'm a boxer, an athlete.  You do realize my chest is the first thing to go when I drop weight, right?!  I used to be a 34DD but am I that now?!  Hell no.  I'm a 32B and happily so.  Those "things" are annoying when I'm training.  If I had my way, I'd be an A.  

I'm not so interactive with other Instagramers I follow, beyond liking their pictures that is, but yeah, I should comment more though.  I am also managing the Instagram for Empowered Clubhouse (IG: EmpoweredClubhouse) and one I made for Balboa (IG: MrBalboaButton).  

Of course I'm also juggling this homepage that you're currently reading.  It's more or less an online diary that I just ramble on.  I have a few hundred readers that stop by this blog on a daily bases but those who comment on it usually stick to sending me private messages as oppose to public comments via the comment button under my posts.

I'm not too sure why people read my homepage or who they are.  I don't actually read anyone else's homepage though I should note I use to read a good selection.  I will say this though, my homepage is very much screened because of this, because I don't know who is reading it.  I doubt Snickers reads it partly because it's way too much English for him but also because he never really did ever look at it even when he and I were going strong, going good.  I know some of my sponsors in Korea read this though as do some of my friends in Canada.

Oh what I would share if there were no consequences for what I'd share...

Here's a deal, I'll be more open to sharing if you, my audience, are more interactive with me.  Leave a comment in the comment section, ask a question, or give me some advice and I'll respond.  I pinky swear you.  What do you want to know?  What do you want me to share with you?  I'm curious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

share more about the underground fight .

Anonymous said...

Im curious to know when you will finish things off in Korea, and how your current bf feels about you talking with snickers. And do you think snickers realizes the pain he caused youv

Mr E said...

What is your experience with underground fighting?

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hi Anonymous... #1... you said "share more about the underground fight" but there was no underground fight, there were fights. That was something I was involved with in Korea and something I can't really legally talk about because I do still have a business in Korea that is it's own boxing club. Hope you understand.

Hi Anonymous... #2?! .. I'll finish things off in Korea as soon as I can financially afford to. Lawyers cost big money and right now all my money goes towards my training, food and my business. It's not my top priority right now. As for a bf, I assume you mean boyfriend as oppose to a best friend of which I've never actually stated I have. I am not legally divorced yet, remember. Anyone who knows me, I mean really knows me, knows that anyone I get involved with has nothing to worry about with regards to Snickers. I don't really talk to Snickers actually, merely the odd text message but that's pretty much it. I think Snickers, yes, he does some of the pain he's caused me. He has said sorry numerous times. It doesn't fit it and I know he doesn't know the full extent.

Hi Mr. E... first of all, THANK YOU for actually using some kind of name for me to refer to you, much appreciated. Having said that though, like I said to Anonymous #1, I can't really talk about the underground fighting. It's not something I'm proud of nor am I really able to because, well, the Internet is an open thing for many to misinterpret, misquote, and misuse. I have to be sensitive to the fact that I really don't know who is reading this... current sponsors from my club in Korea, family members, potential investors for my business here in the Philippines.