As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

My Current Juggle... Saturday, January 27

Current Empowered activities...

  • FitSquad Mentoring Program
    • Bicutan Department of Health Treatment & Rehab Centre, Camp Bagong Diwa Bicutan
    • Three month trainer mentoring and physical exercise program 
  • Empowered Small Group Boxing Classes
    • Hernandez Boxing Club at Alphaland City Club, Makati
    • Every Tuesday, 7:30pm
  • BoxHIIT in the Park
    • Terra 28th, The Fort BGC

I'm no longer running the Empowered bootcamps in Makati on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings because I no longer live in Makati.  Moreover, the Empowered Clubhouse is looking to launch it's physical space in McKinley so my targeted market is that of BGC and McKinley. 

The bootcamp in BGC that my business partner use to run has since wrapped up and is no longer running because she's leaving for the States soon and she's no longer my business partner.

Not this week but next week I'll be launching the BoxHIIT training sessions here in BGC but today I decided that it'll be a free-of-charge weekly session open to any and all ladies.  The only catch is that they'll have to follow me and Empowered Clubhouse on Instagram.  Originally I was going to launch them on Wednesdays, 7pm, but now I'm starting to reconsider the date and time.  I'm leaning more so towards Sunday early evening.  Weekdays are a bit hard because people finish work and are exhausted.  Saturday morning training is best when it's super early but I'm definitely not a morning person nor do I care to be one for just one day of the week, especially if it's to something for free.  But Sunday early evening, when the sun is starting to go down, there's no sun beating down on the participants and most people tend to have no real plans on Sunday evenings compared to Saturday.  Am still undecided.

My Empowered small group boxing classes are going great and they're getting a lot of attention, so much so that I'm hoping to set up a meeting this week with another training facility and launch a future boxing-related training session at their gym.  

No comments: